How to Choose the Right Type of Flowers for a Funeral.
When it comes to the funeral service, flowers are one of the most popular choice for decoration. The tradition of having flowers at the service dates back thousands of years ago. However, it can be a difficult to chose the right shape, colour, even the right type of flower because they all have different meanings such as compassion, sympathy and love, but also are a representation of the circle of life or rebirth.
What is the importance of Circular Shape?
The circular shape of the arrangements in the shape of wreaths is meant to be symbolic of life. They represent the circle of life and how we all go through this circular partner from birth to death. Because there is no end point in a circle, like infinity, our journey continues on after death.
The significance of the colour is also important in floral arrangements. Each colour is symbolic of a different emotion or sentiment.
- Vivid Colours: Happy memories
- Dark colours: Mourning
- Red: Love
- White: Hope and innocence
- Pastel: Purity
Type of Flower
- Carnations: based on the colour of carnations the meaning can vary, however, they are traditionally representative of love and remembrance
- Roses: Like the carnations, roses have several different meanings based on colours and are the most popular choice for funerals. But they normally represent love, innocence and sorrow.
- Lilies: Lilies are the flower of innocence. They can also represent the restoration of innocence after death
- Chrysanthemums: Chrysanthemums are a symbol of the strong personality and life that the deceased had lived
In the case that you are not able to attend the funeral, flowers are a great way to express your condolences and the feelings that you had toward the deceased. If you have ay further questions on this topic, please contact us at Nutmeg State Cremation Society.