Benefits of Planning Your Funeral While You’re Still Alive
No one likes to think of death or plan for it, but being prepared is a good idea. A number of cremation and funeral service providers allow people to reserve their funeral arrangements and plan in advance. Here are some of the biggest benefits of such services:
1. You have Control
One of the biggest advantages of planning your own funeral is that you have complete control over the process. Here are some of the decisions you can make in advance:
- Individuals can choose whether they want to be cremated or buried.
- They can decide where their final resting place will be.
- Funeral homes offer casket design and material options.
- Individuals can determine what kind of music and flowers will be used at the ceremony.
- They can choose what kind of clothes and jewelry they’ll wear.
- People can also choose to name charities and nonprofit organizations for guests to make donations to.
2. Your Loved Ones Have the Freedom to Grieve
Pre-planning removes the burden of decision making from the shoulders of grieving loved ones. The family doesn’t need to spend time trying to decide what the deceased individual would like to have at their service as everything is planned ahead of time. They can focus on the ceremony and comfort each other instead of being forced to make important decisions.
3. Removing the Financial Burden
Funerals can be expensive and can place a financial burden on the grieving family. Pre-planning relieves this burden as you can pay for the funeral in advance. Many funeral homes will allow you to pay in increments instead of paying the entire cost at once. This reduces the financial burden.
At Nutmeg State Cremation Society, we provide comprehensive cremation services and can help you with all aspects of the process so if you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.