What Goes Into the Expense of a Standard Funeral?
Most people don’t realize exactly how expensive funerals can be till the time they are confronted with all the expenses when a family member passes away. A funeral involves the inclusion of various services and many funeral home employees are involved in it. All of these things have an impact on the cost you have to bear.
At Nutmeg State Cremation Society, we have handled a large number of funerals and understand all the expenses involved. Here are some of the things you can expect:
Basic funeral expenses
A funeral home is permitted to charge a certain basic fee for their services. This typically includes the charges for the common funeral services that most establishments offer such as:
- Funeral planning.
- Getting all the required notices, permits, licenses, & copies of the death certificate from local authorities.
- Housing the remains until the day the burial or cremation is to take place.
- Making all the necessary arrangements with the crematory or cemetery.
Funeral homes generally offer basic services and the fee includes these. It’s also a good idea to discuss whether there are any exemptions or to check for hidden charges before you hire their services.
Optional funeral services
The funeral home will also arrange for particular services and goods on your behalf if you need them. These services include the following:
- Transporting the person’s remains to the cemetery, crematory or funeral home.
- Embalming the decedent and other similar preparations.
- Hearse/limousine service.
- Containers for remains such as casket, urns.
- Memorial service/funeral ceremony/visitation/ graveside service.
The cash advance includes payments for services and goods that the funeral home acquires from third-party vendors. This includes:
- Clergy or celebrant
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Nutmeg State Cremation Society.