Technology and Your Grief Journey
Technology is a very important aspect of the world as we know it today. It has also made its way into how people memorialize departed souls and deal with their grief. We at Nutmeg State Cremation Society, have seen how people come to terms with their grief using different social media networks. There are a number of ways in which you social media is used such as:
- Support via Social Media - Every individual deals with loss in a different way. Sharing memories, photos and caring words via social media has proved to be a great way to come to terms with the loss.
- Announce Your Loss - It is important to pass on the news of a loved one’s death in an efficient manner. Many people choose to post online obituaries on their social media accounts. Some funeral homes have started posting obituaries for their clients online as well.
- Crowd Funding - Not everyone has the means to afford a funeral service for a loved one. However, they can always use crowdfunding websites to create a funeral campaign. This is an effective way of raising funds for a funeral.
- QR Codes on Headstones - some families also opt to get QR codes added on headstones. Scanning this code via a smartphone, allows the person to access information about the decedent on an online post.
- Memorial Sites - Some people feel that just posting news about the death of their loved one on Facebook isn’t enough. Today, sites such as Your Tribute, Legacy and Remembered give people the option to set up memorial webpages. There are many memorial video websites that you can post similar information on, in honor of your loved one’s memory.
Our experts at Nutmeg State Cremation Society, can provide you with excellent solutions on how to use technology to cope with the grief of losing a loved one. Contact us if you have any questions at all. We're happy to help.