5 Interesting Facts About Cremation
Today, many people are opting for cremations rather than burials and there are a number of reasons for this. While the trend is catching on, many people still don’t know much about cremations and have questions about it. Here are some interesting facts about cremations:
1. Eco-friendly: Cremation is an eco-friendly alternative to a burial. In the latter, you need to find the right plot of land and bury the deceased after embalming the body. The burial ground requires regular maintenance for an indefinite period of time. In comparison, a cremation is simpler and more eco-friendly. The person’s remains are reduced to ashes/bone fragments that can be stored in an urn or even scattered somewhere.
2. Cost Effective: It is cheaper than a burial as you don’t need to purchase an entire burial space. You have the option to keep the urn in your home or even buy an urn vault and bury that at a cemetery, which is still a cheaper option than a full-scale burial.
3. It’s Possible To Have A Memorial Service: Even if the person has been cremated, you can still have a memorial service by placing the urn at the venue. Family and friends can pay their respects during the service.
4. Portable: In modern times, families could be scattered across the country or even the world. If the family doesn’t want their deceased loved one’s remains to be at another place, they can choose a cremation and carry the person’s ashes with them.
5. Storing the Ashes: Once the cremation is complete, you have the option to put the ashes in an urn and have it buried in a cemetery or placed in a columbarium. Much like a gravesite, family can come and visit the place where the urn is stored, to pay their respects to their loved one.