Our Favorite Ideas for Creating a Unique Service
When people are organizing funerals, they generally follow certain traditions that could be based on their cultural or religious leanings. Regardless of how you plan the funeral, you want it to be meaningful and elegant. However, you can also make it unique by following specific creative funeral service ideas. Here are some ways you can do this.
Getting Creative With Funeral Planning
- You can collate some music that your loved one preferred and play that at the funeral. It's an excellent way to create a more pleasant atmosphere at an otherwise somber event.
- You can also display photographs of the person's life at the service. Creating a photo board or a college is one of the best ways to do this.
- You can make sure that the food served during the service is in line with what the decedent preferred. If the person liked some specific foods, you could make sure that those are served interestingly. It helps you remember the person and the different things they liked.
- A media presentation like a video which has various video clippings of your loved one is another way to memorialize person.
- You have the option to host an activity that everyone can participate in. Example, if your loved one enjoyed golf you could have a small mini putt activity, or you could simply have everyone sing one of their favourite songs together.
- Create a scrapbook that you can keep at the funeral service. You can ask your family members or close friends to contribute their ideas to plan a unique funeral service for the dear departed soul.
- You can also have a theme for the service or celebration. Think of your loved one's favorite things and incorporate them into the day. This is a lovely way to memorialize them and will be sure to bring up memories of happy times for attendants.
As you can see, there are no set rules in terms of what you can do while you are planning a funeral. The idea is to do something different that would be meaningful and beautiful as well. If you want to know more about our services, you can contact our caring staff at Nutmeg State Cremation Society anytime at 203-348-0443 or via our online form.